As people of faith, we believe that responding to the urgent threat of climate change is essential to caring for God's creation and loving our neighbors.
Clean Energy: Our city set an ambitious goal and now we must work to ensure they implement a truly clean energy program that includes local wind and solar projects.
We look forward to being a part of meaningful community participation with local non-profits, our elected officials and the broader community in implementation of this goal.
Action Alerts & Updates
Recent & Completed
Campaigns in 2014
- Endorsed and supported Measure P:
Attended Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors Meeting with letters of support
Emailed CLUE SB information on Measure P
- Took part in Exxon Pipeline Demonstration
Current Campaign 2015-2016
- March for Real Climate Change Leadership
- Stop the Phillips 66 Rail Spur that would bring millions of barrels of toxic and explosive tar sands oil through our communities.
- Bring 100% clean energy to SB area through Community Choice Aggregation. SLO County is working toward this goal. Many CA communities have already achieved 100% renewable energy grids.
- Advocate for county zero GHG emissions threshold for new oil and gas projects, at the county level.
- Strengthen the coalition of concerned Santa Barbara County residents
- Work toward a policy that will protect our communities from dangerous oil and gas extraction.